Wednesday, February 20, 2013

SIXTH GRADE

Today the class worked on conversions using US Customary weight measures. It was much easier as there are only a few conversions to work with. 1 Ton = 2,000 pounds. 1 pound = 16 ounces. Remember, if you are going from a smaller measure to a bigger measure, DIVIDE. If you are going from a bigger measure to a smaller measure, MULTIPLY.

SEVENTH GRADE

Math: More riddle equations. Please let me know if you get stuck!

Geography: Today we continued discussing natural resources in North America and touched on economic activities. Tomorrow we will discuss more economic activities and gather all of the information needed for the unit test, which will be on Tuesday.

EIGHTH GRADE

Pre-Algebra: Finish the assignment from yesterday. Everyone should have #1-4 done or almost done. Finish through #6. Please email me if you don't understand an instruction and I'll be happy to help!

Algebra I: Polynomials. I don't have the specific problem numbers at home with me so if you aren't sure, check with a classmate. Remember, the last two, 81-82, I think, are extra credit, since we didn't have time to go over those! If you get stuck or want clarification on how to do these, please let me know. It should be fairly easy, especially after all the system of equations application problems!

See you tomorrow,

Mrs. Swickey