Thursday, August 23, 2012

SIXTH GRADE

Today, we began our unit on decimals. The assignment is to compare and order decimals. Remember, you only need to order from least to greatest. Where the worksheet states to order from greatest to least, just ignore it and do least to greatest. Also, remember that a good strategy is to write them in a column and then look at the columns of numbers starting on the left. You can find the order easily that way. If you need help, send me an email!

SEVENTH GRADE

Math: Integer Addition. Remember, if you are using the tiles,  the red ones are negatives and the yellow ones are positives. If you have (-3) + (5), then you have 3 negative tiles and 5 yellow tiles. Every pair of one red/one yellow is equal to zero. So, you pair up 3 reds with 3 yellows to equal zero. You have two yellows left, so (-3) + (5) = 2.  If you have questions, email me! I'd be happy to help.

Geography: Page 23. Population Distribution. Just do the questions in the paragraph titled Practice the Skill.

EIGHTH GRADE

Pre-Algebra:

I made a video for you! Send me an email if you are still stuck:


Algebra I:

I decided you didn't need a video after all. You are just identifying the different properties. If the descriptions on the top of the worksheet are confusing, just look at your own notes! For the back, just follow the instructions. If you are confused, send me an email or text!

See you tomorrow,

Mrs. Swickey