Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday, September 8th


I was so happy to see so many parents last night at Back To School night! I enjoyed visiting with familiar faces as well as meet some new-to-me parents as well. I'm looking forward to a terrific year. As always, feel free to write me at any time if you have any questions or concerns about your child's school work!

Sixth Grade

Today the class worked some more on multiplication. We worked with numbers with zeros and the class is already really good at these! Then, I gave them a timed multiplication test and passed out their assignments. The multiplication page is for a grade but the division page is not. I am just wanting to see what they can do, so parents...don't check this paper (or at least, don't have them correct mistakes) or allow them to check their work with a calculator! I just want to see where their division skills are.

Seventh Grade

Math - There was a test today, so there is no homework!

Geography - There is a test tomorrow over Chapter 2. Be sure to study tonight and go over all the "identify and define" words from each section. Also, be sure you know all the climate regions and examples and the different kinds of natural resources and examples.

Eighth Grade

Both classes have a test tomorrow! Be sure you are going over all of the examples we did in class today.

Pre-Algebra - Since we didn't finish the last few topics, here they are along with the answers:

Integers - Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Be sure you understand all the rules! If you understand one of the answers below, just email me! I'd be happy to explain.



Next, you will have some order of operations problems. Here are a few examples and again, if you don't understand an answer, email me! Remember that you ALWAYS have to do multiplication and division BEFORE any addition and subtraction.

Last, you will have a few evaluating problems. Remember to plug in the number that each letter stands for and then simplify the problem.


Study hard and I'll see you tomorrow!
Mrs. Swickey