Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday, May 19th

Sixth Grade

Today was our last day for 6th grade math. The class took a test to finish up the year. I am looking forward to seeing everyone back in the fall for 7th grade!

Seventh Grade

Don't forget!!! Spelling is due tomorrow. We will grade the unit and take the final test.

We will also be finishing up Tom Sawyer tomorrow and watching Tom and Huck....a movie that is based on the book. Be forewarned, it doesn't follow several things. A lot of stuff is different, but it still sticks with the spirit of the book. I think everyone will enjoy it.

Today, the class took a math test over Chapter 9. I think everyone did pretty well since they got to use their Geobooks.

Tomorrow, we will be cleaning up the room too....so come prepared with plastic bags and paper sacks. Each person can also bring a CAN of pop. Please don't send 20 ounce drinks or larger. I will have popcorn for everyone when we watch the movie!

Also, during Friday morning's mass, the 7th graders will be commissioned as 8th graders! It's a quick little ceremony, but is still pretty neat for the 7th graders. They will be our new school leaders and I don't doubt that they will do a fantastic job.

Eighth Grade

The class took their last test today over Chapter 12. I can't believe it's been three years since I started teaching most of these students! How time has flown by. I will miss you all! Good luck in high school.

See you tomorrow!
Mrs. Swickey